If you have several shirts, ties or pieces of clothing and want a bit of each one captured in a memory bear, we offer a patchwork memory bear. We can use fabric from 6-12 different pieces on these. Since we have to make the patchwork fabric before we even get to cutting and sewing the bear, these do cost considerably more. However, we can save a little time in the process when making additional bears so we do offer a discount for additional patchwork teddy bears. We offer three different options for patchwork bears.
Patchwork Bears use 6-12 clothing items. They have jointed arms and legs and come with standard acrylic safety-lock eyes.
Neck Tie bears need 6 or more neck ties. They come with jointed arms and legs and standard acrylic safety-lock eyes.
First year bears are made from a patchwork of 12 outfits from baby’s first year.
These bears are approximately 16″ tall. Each bear has jointed arms and legs, acrylic safety-lock eyes, plastic nose and comes with a scarf or satin ribbon.
- $160 (plus shipping) for a 16″ patchwork or necktie memory bear
- $25 Premium German Glass Eyes (These are a special order and are available in three color options: Brown, Blue and old fashioned Shoe Button Black. (Glass eyes are NOT child safe.)
- $18 to embroider two (2) initials on one foot per bear (Because the foot pad is not that large, we are limited to two (2) initials per foot.)
- $18 to embroider initials or name on scarf (I do not have a large, industrial embroidery machine so am limited to a 4″ space but I can put a name on each scarf)
- Clothing: (I can make the clothing from additional clothing you send, or from the lining of a coat, or from my own selection of fabrics. the cost is the same)
- $20 to make a vest
- $25 to make a shirt/jacket/jumper
- $40 to make a full custom outfit
- $18 Photo Badge Send us a photo of your loved one wearing the garment–or just a favorite picture–and we’ll make a badge that can be pinned to your bear. You can email a digital photo or put a photo in with your order.
Shipping is $15 for the first memory bear and $5 per each additional bear. We are located in Dayton, Ohio (45402).
Click the Order Form Graphic and it will take you to our order forms page. Download the “Memory Bears” PDF order form. Fill it out for the type of teddy bear (s) you want. Send it, along with your garment and payment to:
Fairy Godmother Creations
1001 E Second St #3140
Dayton Ohio 45402
If you you have additional questions or just want to talk to a human being before making your decision, you can contact me at.
Email: Use the form at the bottom of this page
For some reason, AOL doesn’t always allow my emails through. If you have emailed me and don’t receive a response within 24 hours, it means I either didn’t get your email, or my response did not make it to you.
Important!: It is important to know that memory bears made from matured fur cannot be considered toys.Although I do things to re-enforce the fur and make it stable, old fur is not overly sturdy and it simply won’t hold up to rough child play. In addition, the premium glass eyes are NOT child safe. They are blown glass on the end of a wire. Although they are securely attached to the bear, a child pulling and twisting them can break them off and they can become a choking hazard.