Quilts & Patchwork Gifts
We can work with just about any fabric. However there are some price considerations based on what type of garment you want turned into a blanket/quilt. Our basic prices are for shirt clothing (t-shirts, button down shirts) There is a higher price charged for wedding dresses, military uniforms and thicker garments like hoodies:
Wedding dress materials are not made for quilting and often not only need to be treated differently, but they are often used in a several layers to account for lace, mesh, translucent fabrics, slippery fabrics etc.
Military uniforms are extremely time consuming to deconstruct. They have lots of pockets and seams than need to be removed and opened in order to get the fabric flat enough to work with.
Thick clothing and Hoodies
Hoodies and sweat shirts and jackets can actually be turned into blankets, but they are thick and the blankets can be a bit more like a heavy throw. Because of the thickness, they are much harder to work with than other types of clothing.
Quilts take a considerable amount of time so I have to be able to adjust my schedule to make one. To order pillows or quilts, Click Here for a PDF Order Form
Baby Blankets & Crib Quilts
Having a baby blanket made from a late loved one’s clothing, wedding dress or military uniform can be a beautiful gift and a way to include the memory of that loved one with the coming of a new generation. Wedding dress materials are not fire-safety tested so these blankets are more decorative and shouldn’t be used for baby to sleep with unsupervised.
For a Baby Blanket (36″ x 48″)
- Made from general clothing (baby clothes, t-shirts, pants etc.) I charge $245
- Made from heavy clothing, wedding dresses or military uniforms I charge $285
for a Crib Quilt (42″ x 54″).
- Made from general clothing (baby clothes, t-shirts, pants etc.) I charge $285
- Made from heavy clothing, wedding dresses or military uniforms I charge $325
Baby Blankets & Crib Quilts From Wedding Dress
Baby Blankets & Crib Quilts From Clothing
Larger Memory Blankets
A Memory Quilt can be a lovely way to wrap up in the memory of someone you have lost and want to feel close to or a great way to preserve the memories in all those old t-shirts. Click Here for a PDF Order Form
For a Lap Quilt Size (54″ x 70″)
- Made from T-shirts or standard clothing I charge $350
- Made from heavy clothing, wedding dresses or military uniforms I charge $400
For a Twin Quilt Size (54″ x 90″)
- Made from T-shirts or standard clothing I charge $425
- Made from heavy clothing, wedding dresses or military uniforms I charge $475
Shipping is an additional $20-$30.
I don’t usually offer larger quilt sizes.