Memory Bears from Fur
We have been making memory bears from fur coats for decades. We can work with just about any kind of fur. Please visit our FAQ for more information about types of fur. Dealing with real fur offers some challenges that take time and patience and our price reflects that. Faux fur offers its own special challenge because the fibers are thicker so our price is the same regardless of the type of fur.
Each fur memory bear has jointed arms and legs, acrylic safety-lock eyes, plastic nose and comes with a scarf or satin ribbon. We try to use the lining of the coat for the scarf and accents whenever possible.
- $115 (plus shipping) for a 10″-14″ memory bear
- $135 (plus shipping) for a 16″ or 18″ memory bear
- $165 (plus shipping) for a 20″ memory bear
NOTE: For Mouton, Fox, Raccoon, Coyote and Seal. We can’t make a teddy bear smaller than 16″. Because of the thickness of the hide or density of the long fur, these furs simply don’t work for smaller memory bears. We are not currently offering a non-jointed option in fur bears.
- $25 Premium German Glass Eyes (These are a special order and are available in three color options: Brown, Blue and old fashioned Shoe Button Black. (Glass eyes are NOT child safe.)
- $12 Felt Nose (recommended if bear is for child under the age of 3)
- $15 Custom Scarf
- $18 to embroider two (2) initials on one foot per bear (Because the foot pad is not that large, we are limited to two (2) initials per foot.)
- $18 to embroider initials or name on scarf (I do not have a large, industrial embroidery machine so am limited to a 4″ space but I can put a name on each scarf)
- Clothing: (I can make the clothing from additional clothing you send, or from the lining of a coat, or from my own selection of fabrics. the cost is the same)
- $40 to make a full custom outfit
- $15 to make a hat
- $20 to make a vest
- $25 to make a shirt/jacket/jumper
- $8 for glasses
- $20 for angel wings
- 18 Photo Badge Send us a photo of your loved one wearing the garment–or just a favorite picture–and we’ll make a badge that can be pinned to your bear. You can email a digital photo or put a photo in with your order.
Shipping is $15 for the first memory bear and $5 per each additional bear. We are located in Dayton, Ohio (45402).
Click the Order Form Graphic and it will take you to our order forms page. Download the “Memory Bears” PDF order form. Fill it out for the type of teddy bear (s) you want. Send it, along with your garment and payment to:
Fairy Godmother Creations
1001 E Second St #3140
Dayton Ohio 45402
If you you have additional questions or just want to talk to a human being before making your decision, you can contact me at.
Email: Use the form at the bottom of this page
For some reason, AOL doesn’t always allow my emails through. If you have emailed me and don’t receive a response within 24 hours, it means I either didn’t get your email, or my response did not make it to you.
Important!: The premium glass eyes are NOT child safe. They are blown glass on the end of a wire. Although they are securely attached to the bear, a child pulling and twisting them can break them off and they can become a choking hazard.
How much fur does it take to make a bear? I can usually get the following:
- Standard small shoulder stole = Two 10″-14″ bears
- Larger stole or small jacket = Two 14″ bears one 16″-18″ bear
- Hip-length jacket/coat = Three to four 12″-14″ bears or two 16″-18″ bears or one 20″ bear
- Full length coat = Six 12″-14″ bears or three 16″- 18″ bears or two 20″ bears
Each bear has approximately 24 pattern pieces. If someone wants more bears from a garment, I can sometimes adapt my patterns to make smaller bears. I don’t like to work with bears less than 9″ though.